1. Forget Tomorrow is dedicated to my sister, Lana, who is twelve years younger than me. I always joke that I love this story because I get to kill her in it. But really, this book is about how much I love her.
2. All my books have food in them because I'm obsessed with eating. So in Forget Tomorrow, Callie dreams of being a Manual Chef when she grows up. ("Manual" because most food in the post-boom era is produced straight from the Meal Assembler.)
3. Logan's name was originally Tony, and Jessa's name used to be Jessamine. Callie has always been Callie.
4. In the very first version of the book, Callie doesn't go to prison.
5. Forget Tomorrow finaled in RWA's prestigious Golden Heart® contest for unpublished manuscripts in 2012. It was up against Romily Bernard's FIND ME, Natalie Richards' SIX MONTHS LATER, and Cecily White's ANGEL ACADEMY. Instead of being competitors, we became great friends because of this contest.
6. Speaking of contests, right after I wrote the opening of Forget Tomorrow, I entered every writing contest I could find in a two-month period, hoping that I would final in at least one of them. To my utter shock, FT finaled in eleven out of fourteen contests and won seven of them.
7. My agent, Beth Miller of Writers House, found me in one of these contests. In her words, she "stalked" me until the manuscript was ready for submission. And then, she made me an offer within 24 hours.
8. Forget Tomorrow is the fifth book I sold, but it will be the first one to be published.
9. Forget Tomorrow was my fourth book, but it was the first YA I ever wrote. The moment I wrote the first sentence, I knew I had found my genre. It felt like home.
10. The premise for this book came from a hazy afternoon nap with my son. Maybe I need to take naps more often!
Author: Pintip Dunn (Goodreads Author)
Published: November 3, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided...by your future self.
It's Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.
Or in Callie's case, a criminal.
In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a hellish prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes.
But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all—Callie, herself. (less)
Pintip is represented by literary agent Beth Miller of Writers House. She is a 2012 RWA Golden Heart® finalist and a 2014 double-finalist. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Washington Romance Writers, YARWA, and The Golden Network.
She lives with her husband and children in Maryland. You can learn more about Pintip and her books at www.pintipdunn.com
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | GOODREADS