Author: Annette Marie
(Red Winter Trilogy #3)
Publication date: April 11th 2017
Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Once, Emi believed the heavenly gods were righteous and wise, while the earthly yokai spirits were bloodthirsty and evil. But with a traitorous deity poised to destroy her world, and the yokai standing as humanity’s only defense, the lies of her upbringing have toppled to reveal a far more terrifying reality.
Despite the looming threat, Emi can’t escape her greatest distraction: Shiro, the fox yokai who has so deftly claimed her heart for his own. Soon—too soon—she will have to break the curse that binds his magic and memories. And once the ancient power inside him awakens, the yokai she loves will be changed forever.
As the earthly gods gather to wage war against the heavens, Emi and Shiro must gamble everything to turn the tide against their immortal, all-powerful foes. Together, they will find a way to save her world—even if it means losing each other.
ten stunning illustrations by award-winning artist
This is an exclusive preview of one illustration
featured in Immortal Fire.
Annette Marie’s Top 5 Scariest Monsters in the Red Winter Trilogy
5. Kappa – These water imps are best known for drowning people. They live in the water and if you get too close, they’ll drag you under, drown you, and eat you.
4. Oni – Seven-foot-tall ogres with reddish skin, black manes, and tusks. They live in forests, travel in packs, and if they catch you—yep, they’ll eat you.
3. Yamachichi – Though the heroine Emi only briefly encounters this foe, it’s not to be underestimated. It might look like a furry dwarf, but it can steal the breath from your lungs with a single touch.
2. Kanashibari – To take the creepy level up a few notches, these ghostly specters are demons born from the souls of deceased children. They like to trap people in nightmares—or their worst memories.
1. Tsuchigumo – Giant. Spiders. Need I say more? One bite from these icky, nasty, horrible arachnids will put their victim into a coma so the spiders can slowly feed off their life force. Uuuuugh.
a Rafflecopter giveaway